Borders girl living life in the capital

"I play guitar by the fire, as you're passing round bottles of cider"

Image from google images.

I'm finally off to see Leddra Chapman tonight. Way back in September when I first started this blog I wrote a bit about Leddra and how I was waiting for her to tour so I could see her live... and now I am, with my mum in Newcastle today. (Anna) Leddra Chapman is a student at The London College Of Music and her music was described by Music Week magazine as "filling a similar space to early Alanis Morissette and Joni Mitchell" (two of my favourite female vocalists).

I fell in love with Leddra Chapman's music as soon as I heard her first single 'Story' on Radio 2, which I straight away downloaded and played over and over! Her album 'Telling Tales' is one of only a few that I love each track just as much as the other and could listen to again and again. She seems like such a lovely down to earth person as well, she replied to one of my tweets on twitter which made me feel particularly special! She is touring with a singer called Ben Montague who I hadn't really heard of before, but his music sound pretty good. So I'm looking forward to the gig tonight.

Please have a listen below if you haven't heard Leddra before. Let me know what you think.

Leddra Chapman - Story

Leddra Chapman - Summer Song

1 comment

  1. aww I love Leddra Chapman, jealous you're getting to see her! sure she'll be beautiful. x

    ReplyDelete

© Country Girl - City Life

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig