Borders girl living life in the capital

Recently Played #3

I like to show you what I've been listening to every now and again. I love discovering new music and so maybe by sharing my favourite tracks of the moment, I might be showing you something new.


One of the main ways that I hear new songs at the moment is at work. Whoever picks the music they play is Clarks clearly has quite a similar music taste to me. This was one that I discovered a few weeks ago. I had heard of Nell Bryden before, I think she might have connections with a few of my Dad's musician friends. I can't stop listening to this song, it's exactly my type of music and I'll definitely be looking into Nell Bryden's other material very soon.



Here's another song that I heard at work. I absolutely love Beth Hart but I never realised this song was her when I first heard it. She has one of the best female blues voices around and so many of her songs are very emotionally brilliant. This one is quite unlike the other songs that I've heard by her but it's so catchy and I love it! I urge anyone who hasn't listened to Beth Hart to give her a listen. Go YouTube 'Leave The Light On'! 



I first heard Of Monsters and Men in The Slug and Lettuce bar just before Christmas where I used the magic of 'Shazam' to find out what song was playing. I have been listening to the album on repeat since the new year and it still hasn't got old. It's one of those rare albums that I can listen to all the way through without feeling the urge to skip a few tracks. However, as with any albums, there are a few stand out favourites including this one! 



I discovered this Glasgow based band when they played at a monthly music night in Edinburgh at the end of last year and straight away I knew it was very very up my music street! Folky music with great, quirky, lyrics and some really funny stories behind the songs, as discovered during the two times I've seen them live. Definitely worth checking them out; my favourite tracks alongside this one are 'George', 'Waiting In The Wings' and 'He's Such A Sweetie'.


The Band Perry sit very well alongside my love for bands like Lady Antebellum and Sugarland. I do love a bit of American country music! I'd only really heard one song by them until I stumbled across this one on YouTube and it's definitely become a new favourite of mine. 



I noticed the cover for this song on a friend's Instagram and was drawn towards the 'ft. Diane Birch'. I would consider myself a pretty big fan of Diane Birch but had never heard this Delvin version of her song 'Rewind' before. I do like this version and have ended up listening to it quite a lot recently however I prefer her original version. There are loads of tweets going around like 'Diane Birch ruined Delvin's new song' and I noticed that Diane Birch had replied to a few saying 'It's actually my song, I wrote it.'!! Good on you Diane, get them told! So it's become one of those situations when people are just hearing of Diane Birch due to this song and I'm a bit like 'I knew about her ages before Delvin came along!!!' I even blogged about her way back in 2010!



I'm pretty sure there are a lot of people listening to this soundtrack at the moment. I am a huge fan of musicals and would happily sit and listen to songs from musicals all day. Since seeing Les Mis at the cinema I have been listening to the soundtrack a lot. I love all the more well known songs; 'I Dreamed a Dream', 'On My Own' and 'Master Of The House'. This one is definitely one of my favourite tracks, I remember singing it in choir practise at school!



What have you all been listening to lately?

No comments

Post a Comment

© Country Girl - City Life

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig