Borders girl living life in the capital

Goodbye Summer

Well, before I start posting all of the autumnal themed posts that I have lined up, I thought I'd look back at summer through some of my Instagram pics from the last few months. Back in July my mum, sisters and I went on a family holiday to Italy, which seems like ages ago now. It was probably one of the best holidays I've ever been on, mainly due to the gorgeous weather, amazing surroundings and the complete escape from everything back home. It's not that I really had anything that I needed to escape from, it was just so nice to have a lack of available WiFi and instead a huge pile of books! TAKE ME BACK NOW PLEASE!

The campsite, with amazing views of the countryside in Tuscany. // My sisters and I before dinner one night. // One of the two swimming pools where we spent the majority of our time either reading by the poolside or enjoying the water slide. // Watermelon ice lollies that are everywhere in Italy...and nowhere to be seen in Britain! And they really do taste of melon. // The gorgeous views of Tuscany on a sunny day. // Cocktails and magazines by the pool.

Less than two weeks of my summer months were spent in Italy, but it's definitely my highlight. However the rest of my summer was spent here, in the equally wonderful, Edinburgh! Edinburgh really does come to life in the summer and the atmosphere in the city is so vibrant with so much going on everywhere you turn. As usual for me there was plenty of eating out, coffees, cocktails and just lots of time generally hanging out with friends and family whilst enjoying what the weather had to offer.

The nicest berry crumble and coffee at Hula near the Grassmarket. // There's not much more I need to say really, it's true. Especially in August, Edinburgh is the best place to be. // A sherbet martini, my favourite cocktail from Treacle. // Sunny skies whilst sunbathing in the capital city. // Relaxing with coffee at the Udderbelly before seeing a show during the Fringe. // More lovely views whilst taking a stroll around town one evening. I feel so lucky to live in this pretty city.

No comments

Post a Comment

© Country Girl - City Life

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig